As a man, you probably strive to be more handsome and masculine, but did you know you can be beautiful, too? Beauty is a collection of the things that are a part of you. There is no standard of beauty for an ear, eye, elbow or toe. It doesn’t matter if it belongs to a man or a woman because beauty doesn’t discriminate. So keep reading to learn how to be handsome, masculine and beautiful, too.
Remember, Beauty is Not Skin Deep
How you feel inside reflects on how you look outside. So, eat a healthy diet. Exercise daily but find an activity you enjoy. You can walk, ride a bike, or even join a gym. The bottom line is, stay fit and keep moving.
Feeling great makes you more confident in who you are, so let that show in your posture and personality. Laughter is the best medicine, so relax and let the real you out.
Clothes Help You Express Who You Are
Clothes are also a part of who you are. From your head to toes, what you wear matters, and it doesn’t mean wearing only designer labels. It’s more about how you wear your clothes, not who you’re wearing. Here are some small details that can make the biggest difference:
- Be wrinkle-free. Nothing can ruin a day like a wrinkled shirt.
- Replace worn-out belts. Not everyone will see the weathered leather, but you’ll know it’s there, and you deserve better.
- Pay attention to your shoes. Wearing ragged-looking shoes tells others that you might not have the hand you say you do. Keep your patent-leather polished, and your sneakers and sandals clean. Remember, if the foundation isn’t good, everything above it crumbles.
First Impressions Matter
Let’s face it. The first impression someone has of you is all about your face. Being handsome, masculine and beautiful means taking care of your skin. So, here’s how to reflect the face you want the world to see:
- Wash your face. Use a face soap and a gentle scrub to keep your skin clean and free of blackheads and blemishes.
- Trim the beard edges. You can have a professional cut your hair but do yourself a favor and buy hair clippers. Every few days, simply clean up the edges.
- Smile genuinely. Everyone agrees that smiling can make others feel more comfortable around you but do it for real. A phony smile will turn people away. Be genuinely happy to see others and let your “happy place” help you feel positive. After all, a smile is nature’s facelift.
Key Things Most Men Overlook
The best way to remember these forgettable yet important details is to make each a part of your daily regimen:
- Deodorant or antiperspirant is a must. Forgetting it could be your undoing. Keep an extra in your car and/or desk just to be safe.
- Brush your teeth and floss daily. Be sure to brush the back of your tongue and use mouthwash. Nothing wilts beauty quicker than bad breath.
- Trim and pluck. Look for rogue eyebrow, ear and nose hairs and trim or pluck them.
- Clean your ears. This one’s a no-brainer.
- Take care of blemishes. Use an over-the-counter product or consult a professional.
- Trim your fingernails and toenails. Dirty nails are a true turn-off for most people.
- Moisturize your skin and drink lots of water. Be touchable, not flaky or scaly.
- Smell nice, always. Cologne is a no-brainer. A few sprays on your way out the door will leave a lasting impression. But don’t overdo it, either.
Before you walk out that door, seize the moment to take inventory of all your parts, from top to bottom, inside and out. After all, they’re what makes you feel and look handsome, masculine and beautiful.